This guide will show you how to connect to your home area at NMBU. By doing this you will get access to your files from your own computer or when you are not at campus. This is also called remote desktop.
A new feature in the remote is that you now can choose to run a specific program instead of a full virtual machine through the connection. Look further below to see how this is done.
1. Open a web browser and go to https://remoteoffice.nmbu.no
2. Log in with your username and password. Remember to add nmbu\ in front of your username.
3. Click the icon called “office – student”. This will download a shortcut that you will use in the next step. The shortcut will usually download to the most common download folder on your computer. (If you want to run a specific program that you can see listed through remote office then you can instead download that specific shortcut and use that instead)
4. Open the shortcut you downloaded.
5. Log in to your home area using NMBU\username and password.