This guide shows how to connect to the eduroam wireless network at campus. It is recommended to use the automatic setup for Eduroam in order to get the most stabile Connection.
Automatic set up for Windows 8.
Computers in the NMBU domain (receive the NMBU policy), do not have to run the setup file.
1. Go to cat.eduroam.org
2. Download and run the eduroam-installer
Remember: The full user name for NMBU eduroam is «firstname.lastname@example.org».
Suffixes like «@ans.nmbu.no» or «@stud.nmbu.no» does not exist. The only valid suffix is «@nmbu.no»
Manual settings for Windows 8.
If the automatic set-up file does not work, try this manual set-up.
1. First you have to remove older settings for eduroam if you have used eduroam on your computer before, if not go to step 2:
In cmd write:
delete profile name=eduroam
Let the cmd-window stay open.
2. Right click the network shortcut down in the right corner on the desktop, and choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
Choose Set up a new connection or network.
Choose Manually connect to a wireless network, then Next.
Enter the information as in the picture below, then Next.
3. Go back to cmd and type in: set profileparameter name=eduroam authentication=wpa2 encryption=tkip authMode=userOnly
4. At the list over wireless networks choose and log into eduroam with email@example.com and your password.