This guide shows how to connect to the eduroam wireless network at campus. It is recommended to use the automatic setup for Eduroam in order to get the most stabile Connection.
Automatic set up for Windows 7.
Computers in the NMBU domain (receive the NMBU policy), do not have to run the setup file.
1. Go to cat.eduroam.org
2. Download and run the eduroam-installer
Remember: The full user name for NMBU eduroam is «firstname.lastname@example.org».
Suffixes like «@ans.nmbu.no» or «@stud.nmbu.no» does not exist. The only valid suffix is «@nmbu.no»
Manual settings for Windows 7.
If the automatic set-up file does not work, try this manual set-up.
If this is the first time you are adding eduroam, you can skip step 3.
1. Click on the wifi icon on the desktop’s lower right corner and “Open Network And Sharing Center”.
2. Click “Manage wireless networks”.
3. Locate eduroam on the list. Right-click on this and choose “Remove network”.
4. Click “Add”.
5. Choose “Manually create a network profile”.
6. Type in eduroam for network name and set “security type” and “encryption type” as shown below. Click Next.
7. Go to “Change connection settings”.
8. Go to the security tab and “settings”.
8. Uncheck “Validate server certificate”. Go to “Configure”.
9. Uncheck the option “Automatically use my Windows logon name and password” and click OK.
10. Locate eduroam on the list with wireless connections and connect. You will then be asked for network authentication. Type in email@example.com and your NMBU password. Click OK.